'Tis the Season to Be Jolly... & I WON, I WON!!

fa la la la la, la la la la

{source}
This weekend has really put me in the Christmas mood.  We had my husbands annual work party on Friday night, and guess what... it was at the aquarium.  It was pretty cool to walk into the aquarium after hours and have free rein of the place, it was also a little bit creepy.  The lights were dimmed way down, and it felt like we were the only people in the entire place.   I wish I had taken my camera, but it didn't go with my cute dress ;)  Here are a few pictures from other sources that should give you an idea of how cool this place is.

{source}
{source}
{source}


We ate lots of gingerbread men, chocolate macaroons and overall just a ton of food.  Hey, that's what New Years resolutions are for right?!  Then we had the Christmas services at church.  Some of the kids got all dressed up in snow gear and were dancing on stage, VERY CUTE!  Not to mention that I won my very first giveaway!!  What's Up Whimsy was giving away a blog header from House 09, and I am so excited to have won.  Merry Christmas to ME :)


So, look forward to a new look for house of ficek in 2011.  As you all know, starting a blog is a learning process.  It has been so wonderful to get all kinds of help from you fellow bloggers the last few months since I started this little blog of mine.  I am so grateful to each and everyone of you who devote time out of your busy schedules to listen to my rantings.  In a nutshell {told you I am feeling the Christmas spirit}, that is why I have been in the Christmas mood this weekend, and browsing the internet starring at all these gorgeous Christmas decorations.  Here are a few of my favorites  today.

{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun at your Christmas party! I just love that framed bulletin board - I think I am going to turn an old frame into that this week!

    **become a follower of my blog to win a $25 GC to Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party!
    Merry Christmas to you friend!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Kendra! I'm so looking forward to seeing the new header. When I got my new layout, I couldn't stop looking at it hehe (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning, I am so excited to see how it will look!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the Dallas World Aquarium, isn't it? I love that place.

    And congrats on winning your first giveaway...what a great prize! x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...